What to Bring to the Beach for Summer 2017
Summer 2017 is officially here, school’s out, and there’s more time than ever to enjoy the sun and sand. Whether you’re a local or a visitor to our beautiful beaches, it never hurts to brush up on what to bring to the beach! We hope you use this list to ensure that you don’t leave the summer essentials behind for your beach day.
- Spare swimsuit
- Beach cover-up, sarong, dress, etc.
- Appropriate footwear: sandals, crocs
- Large waterproof bag to carry the essentials
- Beach caddy to carry larger items, toys, etc.
- Toys and floaties for the kids
- Sunglasses (it’s great to bring extra in case you lose them in a rough wave!)
- Towels or large blankets
- Cooler packed with snacks and water bottles
- Reading material
Now that you know what to bring to the beach for summer 2017, here are some exciting events to look forward to during the next month:
Through July 16—Garden Music Series: Don’t miss this music series hosted by Marie Selby Botanical Gardens every third Sunday. Hear music from talented artists, then traverse the beautiful gardens for one unique event.
July 11–16—Disney’s The Little Mermaid: National Tour: Head to the Straz Center to see the beloved film come to life in this exciting Broadway hit!
July 16—National Ice Cream Day: Indulge in this delicious day by having a sweet treat at the many delicious spots in St. Armand’s Circle. View the full list of places where you can grab a sweet treat here.