Take a Day Trip: Warm Mineral Springs near Bradenton
Did you know that our Sunshine State is home to the largest mineral spring in the entire world? After you let that soak in, did you know that Warm Mineral Springs is the only one of its kind in the whole state? It’s also just a short drive from Riviera Dunes Marina. After just 51 minutes via I-75 S, you’ll be able to swim in the only warm mineral springs in the entire state, making this a one-of-a-kind experience during your visit.
For those cooler, spring days, why not take a day trip to North Port’s Warm Mineral Springs for a nice, warming soak in this naturally warm spring! Remaining at a constant temperature of 87 F, the spring is also surrounded by a resort and day spa. Admission to the spring is $20 for adults and $10 for those ages 10 and under.
If you’ve never been to a mineral spring before, here are a few tips to keep in mind when visiting:
- To avoid the crowds, visit the Warm Mineral Springs either during the week or earlier in the day if you visit on the weekend.
- From fish to turtles, you never know what kind of wildlife you may encounter when swimming in the springs. Keep a watchful eye out for wildlife. After all, you’re a guest in their home.
- In addition to wildlife, be wary of the vegetation on the bottom of the spring. Though Warm Mineral Springs gets up to 250 feet deep at its center, be careful not to stir up sediment or disturb the ecosystem when in the more shallow areas.
- While this might be a no-brainer, make sure you don’t forget your essentials. Take a advantage of the clear waters by bringing your snorkel and mask to view the wildlife beneath you. Then in your waterproof bag, make sure to pack multiple towels, snacks and water and even water shoes if you prefer.
- Lastly, please do not leave any trash behind. Dispose of your trash to not only clean up after yourself but also to protect the wildlife and their home.