8 Tips for Boating with Your Pups
Your dogs are like family, which is why it’s always fun to take them along for a joyride on the water every once in awhile!
However, boating with your pups isn’t always a walk in the park. Here are eight quick tips to ensure that your boat ride is enjoyable for both you and your furry loved ones!
- Pack a collapsible, travel-friendly bowl that you can fill with fresh water for your pup. You can easily find these in most stores as well as online.
- While you’re at it, pack your pup’s food, treats and toys to make him feel at peace in a new environment.
- Take some time before your boat trip to get your pup acquainted with your boat.
- Make sure there is a shaded area on your boat. If you don’t always have a boat shade installed on your vessel, now’s the time when you’re boating with your pups. Shade keeps them from being dehydrated and also acts as a cool area for them to protect and land their paws from too much sun exposure.
- If you happen to be fishing, make sure that you stow away all bait, lures and other harmful equipment so they’re not within your pup’s reach.
- The day of your boat ride, set aside enough time to allow your dog to relieve himself before boarding your vessel.
- Even if your dog is used to swimming, it can be a good idea to fit him with a pet life jacket. Though there are no regulations for life jackets for your pet, it’s another precaution you can take to ensure your pup’s safety.
- Lastly, if this is your pup’s first boat ride, keep this excursion to a minimum until your furry friend warms up and gains his sea legs.